Monday, May 05, 2008

Did I Party Too Hard?

This past weekend, Anna had a wonderful shower in Waskom, at my Aunt Barbara's house. Here we are! Everything was beautiful! Thank you, Auntie!!And here's a photo op with my cousin, Julie. Before the shower, we were talking and Aunt Barbara pulled out of her freezer... the candies she had saved from Julie's baby shower... yes, when Julie was a baby, some 25 + years ago... Yes, Auntie is a pack rat :D
And here is a shot with the grandmothers! On the lovely spiral staircase there, you can see the yummy petit fours!! I had two - they were soooo yummy!
So, the shower was yesterday and we drove home last night... Today, I had a doctor's appt ... we had an ultrasound and everything looked good! And we also had a fetal heart monitor test where everything looked good... but from that, they did see that I had 3 contractions during the 30 min test, so then the doc checked me and the baby is very low and was looking a little too close to coming out. ha! So, I got put on bedrest for two weeks. She would be fine if she was born now, but they would prefer her to stay in another two weeks, so that is what we are trying to accomplish. Now I get lots of pampering from my sweet husband. He is currently at the store buying some supplies for easy meals and such. :)

5 comments:

Rower Two said...

the shower looks like a lot of fun and definitely delicious food!! Glad you got to go before the bedrest hit you!!!

Pof5 said...

Oh my! I'm having a panic attack! I left your gift on your parent's front porch by the door, and now I'm thinking that you probably are in major labor and they're out of town headed to where you are and the gift is sitting on the porch all alone! ARRGHHH! Please tell me it's not true!

Sarah said...

haha! no, they found it!! don't have a panic attack!! All is well! And tell Sophy I was very sad that she had strep and couldn't party!

ssmom said...

It is OK Jackson .... we are home and the gift is safely inside.

Pof5 said...

WHEW!! I'm happy to know giftie is safe, but more importantly that Miss Baby is where she belongs...if only for a short while!! Better watch these storms!! There was a HUGE thunderstorm the night before Jack decided to come (4 weeks early) and the hospital nursery went from 2 babies to 9 overnight!! The nurse said it happens every time there is a storm!! WATCH OUT!!