Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mesa Verde!!!

Our internet is still crazy, but it works in the lobby, so I'm trying to get in a blog or two! Here is Cliff Palace in Mesa Verde. It's the largest cliff dwelling there...

We took the tour down to it... and only had to climb one ladder. :) It was as cool as I remembered from when I was in about 3rd grade!

Here's Anna with another cliff dwelling that we could only take pictures of from above.

And here is poor little Anna after she did a face plant in the dirt of this roped off area. We were in a little area with fenced off pit houses that looked pretty baby-proofed, but there was this one small dirt area in the middle that she headed for as soon as her mommy and daddy were distracted. She tripped on that little curb-like part and must have opened her mouth as she fell over into it. I got to her just after that and picked her up and brushed her off and tried to get the dirt out of her mouth. We went to the car and used some wipes for the rest of the dirt in her mouth. For the rest of the day I kept trying to get all the dirt out of her tear duct area. :) Oh and as we passed back by this site later, Mark was worried that CSI - Mesa Verde was there checking the crime scene to find out who had crossed into the roped off area!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

ssmom said...

Poor baby :( .... you need to watch her more carefully!!! From her loving grandmother :).

ssmom said...

At least we did not have to worry about her knocking out any teeth!!

Sarah said...

haha! Nope, she didn't hit hard enough to knock out teeth, even if she had some :) Phew! s

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. Don't you hate it when they fall??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcurtis said...

Poor girl...since I know she's ok, I feel ok about giggling. Actually, my mom says that Conner eating dirt is one of her favorite pics. Maybe one day Anna will be blogging about her family & resurrect the eat-dirt pic after visiting there again. :)

Ross said...

Didn't you get her heel picked on day 6 or whatever??? Better watch your back...don't think CSI MV is out of the question.

Ross said...

I mean pricked for that blood test thingy- Noel is distracting me while I type.

Sarah said...

haha! True, Stana... we may not be in the clear, yet!