Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recovery! Switzerland and Germany...

Unfortunately, the internet is expensive at our hotel here in Stuttgart, Germany, so you may not be hearing from us as often! Yesterday was fairly uneventful... Mark made it in to Frankfurt on time and to the hotel in Stuttgart about 10am where he waited for Angela and me. I did not have a great day yesterday. Ang and I got up at 5:45 am to get ready and make it to our 7:53am train. I was already feeling not too good before we got on the train and managed to throw up 3 times during the day... We made it to the hotel a bit afternoon and stayed here the rest of the day so I could recover! But luckily I was feeling fine this morning and we were able to go ahead with our plans for today.

This morning we rented a car and drove about an hour and a half down just past the border into Switzerland to see the 'Largest Falls in Europe' - the Rhein Falls. They were pretty and gave us a lovely time in Switzerland, but they weren't really very big :) We drove a bit around the town there next to the falls and walked a little bit around the shops. Then we headed back up in to Germany and to Hohenzollern Castle. This was a lovely castle situated high on a hill. Fortunately there was a shuttle bus option to the top from the parking area and I considered the 2.60 Euros well worth it!! The guided tour was not in English, so we bought the little book and Angela was our tour guide. It was lovely, but pretty COLD!! We had a nice time and then headed back to Stuttgart. We got a recommendation for a German restaurant from the man at the car rental place and really enjoyed our dinner!! Ang and Mark both had beef dishes and I had a noodle dish... Very yummy! Then we walked back (and froze our buns a bit) to our hotel!!

Poor Ang's week off school has come to an end, so she heads back to London on a flight tomorrow. We will miss her!!!

3 comments:

oldest kid said...

We also visited Hohenzollern Castle when we were in Stuttgart a few years back. We actually stayed in Hildrezhousen (I'm sure I've misspelled that), which is a suburb of Stuttgart. I think my favorite place that we visited near Stuttgart was Rottenburg. It is an old walled city, very picturesque.

Pof5 said...

Despite the vomit and cold, it sounds like a great experience! You'll need the remaining months to regain your strength before baby arrives!! Ha!

Sarah said...

OK - we saw signs for Rottenburg, but didn't stop. I guess it is more lovely than its name implies :D

pinkie - yes, we are having another rest mostly today before a day to France tomorrow :)