
We saw the closest marmoset we have seen, yet. And I think this little guy was sticking his tongue out at Mark!! :O
The cable car system, has two stops. One on a shorter mountain in between and then one on Sugar Loaf Mountain. This is from the shorter mountain looking back up at Sugar Loaf.

This was also taken from the shorter mountain in between. This is a nice view of a lot of city and Christ the Redeemer is on that pointy mountain in the middle. You may can see him if you click the picture.
Yesterday, we just went in to the downtown area and looked at some old buildings and the 'Old Rio' section of town. St. Benedict's Monastery is there and was very pretty on the inside. Here you can see the oldest organ in Brazil, which dates from like 1730, I think.


The cable car system, has two stops. One on a shorter mountain in between and then one on Sugar Loaf Mountain. This is from the shorter mountain looking back up at Sugar Loaf.

This was also taken from the shorter mountain in between. This is a nice view of a lot of city and Christ the Redeemer is on that pointy mountain in the middle. You may can see him if you click the picture.
Yesterday, we just went in to the downtown area and looked at some old buildings and the 'Old Rio' section of town. St. Benedict's Monastery is there and was very pretty on the inside. Here you can see the oldest organ in Brazil, which dates from like 1730, I think. 
This baptistry actually dates older than the church, so I believe it must have come over from Portugal. The church was started in about 1671 (or at least that's when the oldest door was dated) so the baptistry is a bit older than that. 
Then we stopped at Copacobana Beach and wandered around a bit. This sand art was fun - you can see the Christ the Redeemer statue on the right and in the back, he also had made the cable car system between Sugar Loaf and the smaller mountain.

Then we stopped at Copacobana Beach and wandered around a bit. This sand art was fun - you can see the Christ the Redeemer statue on the right and in the back, he also had made the cable car system between Sugar Loaf and the smaller mountain.




3 comments:
Thanks for all the nice pictures and travel info .... I feel like I have also visit these areas.
You're welcome, ssmom... and no, I can't fix your comment - it is ok, people know it is a typo :D
I, too, have enjoyed your pictures. It's been particularly enjoyable for me since I have been more or less housebound for the past nine weeks or so.
Post a Comment