Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Brazilian Side of the Falls & Birds!

Yesterday as we left Argentina, we went to see the falls from the Brazilian side. They were just as gorgeous there! Here's me & Mark and part of the view. :)This is close to the Devil's Throat, but you couldn't see it as good as looking right over it from the Argentina side. There was a spot on the path where you took an elevator up for a better view and I believe this was at the top of the elevator.After seeing the Brazilian side, we stopped at the Parque das Aves (Bird Park) for a little while. There were lots of pretty colored birds there! And these toucans were so pretty, we thought they looked fake... but I promise he was real! I don't think his name was Sam, though. In the last aviary, there were some very aggressive birds... this blue macaw really seemed to like Mark and his jacket. I think he was trying to eat the zipper. We had been warned to enter at our own risk!! Then we went to the airport and got there a little early for our flight. Our flight was about 2 hrs from Foz do Iguazu to Rio de Janeiro. Then we had a bit of a taxi drive out to our hotel and it was dark by the time we got here. Today has been a bit rainy, so it was good we had planned our lazy day. :) Here is the view from our balcony!

1 comment:

Pof5 said...

Lovin' the pics!! (Especially as I view them from my class...pfffttt!) Hope the rain goes away!