Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Soreness & Flowers

On Saturday, I ran the Texas Half Marathon with my friend, Amanda. My hips were hurting during the last five miles, but I finished... Now I have been walking like an old lady the past few days, but think I am finally on the road to recovery. :)

Today, my doorbell rang and I opened to these gorgeous flowers that Mark sent me for Valentine's. He is out of town for work til late tomorrow, so it was nice to get this surprise. Aren't they lovely? They smell wonderful, too!

2 comments:

oldest kid said...

Of course, our marathon, the Marathon du Medoc, doesn't seem to take itself very seriously. There are lots of runners in costumes and plenty of entertainment along the way. They just seem to want you to finish in 7 hours!

Sarah said...

OK - and don't you drink wine along the way? I can barely finish half with drinking water - there's no way I could drink wine and finish! :D Will you be wearing a costume?